Victoria Albina, MSN, MPH, RN - Health and Life Coach - Heart Beets Holistic Health and Wellness
DEFINE SELF LOVE IN A TWEET
Self Love is accepting yourself as you are, and gently guiding yourself towards the fullest expression of your greatness.
DOES SELF LOVE REALLY MATTER?
When I am giving my all to my work, to my coaching, to my family, it is vital that I refill that deep well of love within me with self love. It is only through recharging my batteries for myself that I can then give love out into the Universe. I know that if I am not centered and taking the time for self-care, then I can be of no service or use to others: I get irritable without realizing it, and am not my Best Self. It is also part of my promise with the Universe: when we heal ourselves, we heal the world, and I have promised myself not to step away from the self-care and self-love that moves me ever closer to healing. Sadly, I have also born witness to what happens when we don't take care of ourselves: pain, sickness, anger, resentment.
FAVORITE SELF LOVE RITUALS?
- Cooking broth, making sauerkraut and beet kvass and good, healthy, homemade nutrient dense foods
- A hot epsom salt bath with lavender, candles and a good book
- Exercise! Nothing makes my body feel more loved than a workout, a good stretch, lifting heavy things and pushing my boundaries
- Talking to beloved sisterfriends, and connecting on a deep soul and spirit level - and having a ridiculous, fun, funny conversation about some BS is self-love too!
- Laughing laughing laughing. A good video of a panda rolling in the snow, playing with a baby or a smaller mammal and laughing and smiling makes my soul glow
- Reading a good book! Something deep or something light, something with a moving story, something full of new lessons about wellness, health, vulnerability, connection, or something ridiculous! Nothing like an uproarious comedic piece to soothe the soul
- Gospel. I have loved it since I was a girl. We moved to this country from Argentina when I was a girl, and while I have no idea how my mother found American Gospel music, I know that she loved it. And played it often. It connects me with God, with a community of people convened in praise, and the sounds soothe my heart and invigorate me. I also love to hear the argentine folk and rock of my youth, and other songs that Take Me There... Music is magic
- Lighting candles on my altar and praying to the Goddesses and my ancestors.
- Scent is self-love for me in a lot of ways, especially the burning of sacred substances: Palo Santo, sage, lemongrass, frankincense, myrrh. And. The fancy new expensive perfume that I saved up for ages for -- it grounds me and makes me feel like I'm taking good care of myself. I smell it on my wrists as I move through my day, and remember that I took the time to adorn myself. It's a beautiful thing
- I love to live by the motto "Feel shitty? Look pretty!" The more stressed and tired and Done I feel, the more I try to adorn: jewelry, tying up my hair nicely, getting well dressed in something that makes me feel beautiful.
- When in doubt: CALL AYESHA! ;)
IF SELF LOVE CAN BE FOUND IN ALL THINGS. WHICH OF THESE ITEMS BEST DESCRIBES HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT IT CURRENTLY?
- Marvin Gaye gentle playing on Vinyl
- A glance from your beloved
- The exhilaration of traveling to a new place
- Warm dutch apple pie
- A well worn copy of your favorite book
- Passing someone in a crowd who smells like your favorite person
2. A glance from your beloved.
TIME TO GET VULNERABLE. RATE YOUR SELF LOVE PRACTICE & SHARE A TIP THAT WOULD TAKE YOUR PRACTICE TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
Score 8. Take the time to connect with self: meditate, exercise, get a massage, take a bath, and do all those things without worrying about your to do list. Make the list, order it, be thoughtful about what you need to do and what matters, so you can be efficient in your work and self-love. Taking care of yourself saves you time and energy in the future: fewer fights, less stress and mess and more positiveness and light. Prioritize it. Babies are coming soon. Prioritize yourself!
WHY TGM WANTED YOU TO MEET VICTORIA.
"Victoria is a powerhouse of knowledge, wisdom, and love. She is a divine pollinator of people and injects love into everything she touches."